My oldest niece Ava is 6 years old and loves all things girly. Which, when it comes to designing a room is pretty much my dream come true!!
The plan is to start out small, to stick to a very tight budget and to create things that can easily be moved to a new room when they get their own place.
We got started this week and made a little stationary station for Ava to keep her colouring pens and crayons in.
We decided on a tray (which was an old photo frame spray painted white), with a collection of jars to hold her things.
Here's what we came up with...
1. Place strips of double sided tape around the jar up to the height that you want the glitter.
2. Cover all the tape with glitter!
3. *Optional - I went back later and covered the clear glass with painters tape and then sprayed a coat of clear gloss over the top of the glitter. That glitter is definitely staying put!
1. Using puff paint draw your faux bois pattern all over the jar.
2. Once dry spray with several thin coats of white spray paint, letting each coat dry in between.
1. Add double sided tape to the back of a ribbon and attach to the glass.
2. Hot glue a pretty bow to the ribbon.
1. Wrap strips of double sided tape around the jar and then coat with glitter.
2. I did the three gold strips first and then came back and did the two pink ones.
The best part? Ava absolutely loves it!
(First posted January 2012)