I don't want to dwell to much on the negative, so I'll just write briefly about it before I move on to the list of my favourite things about 2011.
The Not So Good Stuff
- Struggling with money - the last six months of 2011 were hard for us financially. I took a lot of time off work, Sean was out of work for 6 weeks and to top it all off I went on a bit of a shopping bender and started to spend more money than I could afford. I'm smart like that...
- MS - getting diagnosed with MS last year sucked. It has effected me physically, but in these early stages of it I think the mental impact of it is what has hit me the hardest so far.
In comparison I have a much longer list of things I loved about 2011... It does make me wonder if I'm correct in considering 2011 a difficult year...
- Max Learning to Walk - Early on in January my adorable little munchkin realised that he could get places faster if he stood up and walked. It was so much fun watching him find his feet. Definitely one of the highlights of my life :)
- We had a long weekend with my BFF and her boyfriend in Byron Bay. That weekend the two of them got and engaged and found out they were having a baby!!
- I discovered Pinterest (it totally makes it into my 2011 highlights!!) and fell in love
- My beautiful niece Ava turned six and my sister and I threw her a Pirate Party
- I put together a gallery wall for one of our hallways. I still love it :)
- We (finally) tiled our house
- I made a doormat, which got pinned by Sherry from YHL and has now had almost 1000 page views (which is a big deal for a tiny blog like this one :) )
- Sean and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary with a family dinner.
- My littlest niece turned one :)
- I threw a grey and yellow baby shower for my BFF - she's due to give birth any day now!
- Sean and I had a much needed romantic getaway at the beautiful Wolgan Valley Resort
- I threw everything I had into creating a plane party for Max's 2nd birthday. He loved it!
Here's hoping 2012 brings just as many smiles :) (but none of the frowns).